When you are setting an eDoc up for sending, you can assign fields to one participant over the other (you can also set the fields to Anyone which means either user can fill them out).
To assign the field:
1. Double click on the field to edit
2. Click the Assigned To drop-down
3. Choose a specific signer to assign the field to
4. Click OK
Note: If the Assigned To field is set to the first recipient (gold color), then the second recipient (blue color) will not be able to fill out those fields. If the Assigned To field is set to Anyone, then the first recipient can fill out the fields and the second recipient can also edit those fields (if the first recipient filled out the fields, the second recipient will see that they have been filled out, but can edit the fields).
You can click on Recipients on the right-hand side, by the authoring tools, to bring in user-specific fields.
1. Click on Recipients in the authoring tools
2. Choose a signer
3. Bring over fields that will be assigned to a specific user or choose Anyone (any signer can fill these out)