Step 1: Preparing for Export
Before exporting from Practice CS, please ensure the following:
- Practice CS is up to date. Find the latest version here: cs.thomsonreuters.com (may require IT help to install).
- Entity Types are assigned. Learn how to mass assign Entity Types here.
- The Preferred Contact on a Business Client should be a person, NOT a business (see image below).
Step 2: Create Filters
1. Click Setup > Clients
2. Click the ellipsis (three dots) button next to the filter field at the top. If you don't have the filter field, click the double blue arrow and it will appear.
3. Active Business Clients Filter
- Create a Filter and call it "Active Business Clients".
- Filter by: Entity - is in the list, then pick all your Entities other than Individual one(s).
- Filter by Status - is Active.
4. Active Individual Clients
- Create a Filter and call it "Active Individual Clients".
- Filter by: Entity - is in the list, then pick all Individual entities.
- Filter by Status - is Active.
Step 3: Import Files
*These files are for importing only, do not open the files.Download files attached to the bottom of this article: All Clients - Liscio.cfx and Contacts - Liscio.cfx.
- Click File > Import > Custom Formats
- Click the ellipsis (three dots) to browse to where the reports are saved.
- Pick the location, both reports, and click Import Selected.
Step 4: Run Reports
- Go to File > Print Reports
- Select All Clients - Liscio report.
- Select Contacts - Liscio report three times.
- Click on All Clients - Liscio and Filter by Status - is Active.
- Change the description to: All Clients.
7. Click on the first Contacts - Liscio report
- Filter by Client ID - Is in the Filter - Active Individual Clients.
- Change the description to: Individual Contact Info.
8. Click the second Contacts - Liscio report
- Filter by Client ID - Is in the Filter - Active Business Client.
- Change the description to: Business Contact Info.
Note: If you have a newer version of Practice and do not see the 'Contact Type' option, please skip this step.
9. Click the third Contacts - Liscio report.
- Filter by Contact Type - Is - Standalone.
- Change the description to: Standalone Contact Info.
10. Click Print Selected and choose Output to file > Microsoft Excel.
Step 5: Clean Exported Data List
What do we take from each report?**
All Clients: Account Names, EIN/SSN, Entity
Business: Account addresses
Individual: Contact information, Relationships
**(We do not upload the Standalone Contacts report exported from Practice CS)
- Do not send data files via email.
- The cleanliness of data uploaded depends on the cleanliness of the source data.
- If data is in all caps, we will convert to proper case. Please know names such as "MCDONALD" will convert to "Mcdonald".
- Data should include first names, last names, account/client names, email addresses, phone numbers, and entity types.
- Email addresses are extremely important. This is how you will send your invites to Liscio. Please include as many as possible!
- Mobile numbers must be classified as such in order to go under the Mobile Phone category.
- If no entity types (i.e. S-Corp, Partnership, Trust, etc.) are listed, accounts/clients will default to Individual or Organization.
- Contacts cannot share an email address.
- Phone numbers without area codes cannot be imported.
- Duplicate Account Names and Contact Names can occur if they exist in source data.
- Certain fields, such as Bank Account, Notes, or Birthdates, cannot be imported.