Form Field Layers are laid on top of forms to add signatures and other fillable fields. They are a great tool for 8879s or ACHs.
To create a Form Field Layer:
1. Click eDocs.
2. Click Template Library.
3. Click +Add Template to Library.
4. Enter a template name (for example, "8879 field layer").
5. Attach the generic 8879 printed from your tax software.
Note: This must be a source document from your tax software to ensure same dimensions.
6. Click Preview and Add Fields.
7. Click Template Properties.
8. For Template Type, choose Reusable Form Field Layer.
9. Now, begin laying the fields that clients will either fill out or sign.
1. Under Recipients, choose Participant 1.
2. Under Signature Fields, drag & drop the Signature field onto the form.
3. Under Signer Info Fields, drag & drop the Date field onto the form. (Note: After the participant adds their signature, the date field will automatically populate with the current date.)
4. Now, let's add the spouse signature.
5. Under Recipients, choose Participant 2.
6. Under Signature Fields, drag & drop the Signature field onto the form.
7. Under Signer Info Fields, drag & drop the Date field onto the form.
8. Click Save.