If you have not yet set up a Form Field Layer, you can learn how to do that here: How to Create a Form Field Layer (to Lay Over Reusable Forms).
1. Click +Add New.
3. Choose a recipient and Account.
4. To add more than one recipient, click back in the To field and repeat step 2.
5. Click the KBA checkbox in the upper right corner. KBA (knowledge base authentication) is required by the IRS when signing 8879s.
6. Enter your agreement title (for example, "8879").
7. Enter a description if needed.
9. Click Prepare Doc for Signing.
10. In the upper-left corner, click the dropdown next to Field Templates.
11. Click the Select... dropdown and choose your form field layer.
12. Make sure you choose the correct Start on Page for your Field Template.
14. Your signature field(s) have now been added. Click Send.