How to Create Recurring Tasks
- Click Add New, then click Task, then select the task type.
- Note: All task types can be made recurring except for Invoice tasks and eDocs.
- On the right-hand side, click Set Recurring.
- Set the task to recur weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Select an End date.
- Select the task to recur On Schedule or When Completed
- On Schedule recurring tasks: A new task will be created 5 days before the due date of the previous task even if the previous task has not been closed. The client will receive a notification when the new task is created.
- Note: The due date of the first On Schedule recurring task cannot be modified when the task is created. The due date can only be modified after the task is created. Please see this article to learn how.
- Note: On your Tasks page, you can hover the due date of an On Schedule task to see when the next task will be generated.
- When Completed recurring tasks: A new task will be created only when the previous task is marked complete by the Task Owner. If the due date of the new task is more than 5 days away, the new task is created in the 'Draft' tab. Clients cannot see Draft tasks. Five days before the due date, the new task will automatically move to the 'Open Tasks' tab and a notification will be sent to the client. If the due date of the new task is less than 5 days away, the new task will be created immediately under 'Open Tasks' after the previous task is marked complete by the Task Owner.
- Note: On the Draft tab, you can hover the due date of a When Completed task to see when the next task will be moved from 'Draft' to 'Open Tasks'.
5. Click Done.
6. Select a Due Date.
7. Click Create Task.
How to Create a Task
1. Click +Add New in the upper-left side of your screen. 2. Click Task. 3. Select Task Type. 4. Select the Account. 5. Select the Contact. 6. Select a Due Date (or make it recurring). 7. Select an Owner. 7. Enter a Subject Line. 8. Enter a ...
How to Create a Get a Signature Task
1. Click +Add New in the upper-left of your screen. 2. Click Task. 3. Click Get a Signature. 4. Select the Account and Contact. 5. Select Document Type and the Document (Note: To add templates to your document selection, please ...
Creating Tasks in FirmDash
FirmDash allows you create the following Tasks on-the-go: Request Information, Manage To Go Items, and To Do. See our Tasks Overview to learn more about Task types. To create a Task: Tap the blue plus sign (+)at the bottom of your screen. Select New ...
How to Edit, Delete, or Archive a Recurring Task
To modify a recurring task, all changes should be made to the most recently generated task. This means that if the original task has already genereated a new task, edits should be made to the new task. Note: To archive a recurring task, you ...
Using Task Filters
Task filters will help locate specific tasks on your Tasks page. Task Filters include: Type: Get a Signature, Manage To Go Items, Request Information Owner: The firm employee who is the Task Owner Account: The Account (entity) to which the Task ...