How to Send a Tax Return in Liscio
Follow steps 1 and 2 if sending a draft tax return.
Follow just step 2 if sending no draft.
- From the Tasks page, click + Task.
- Task Type should be Request Information.
- Select Account and Contact.
- Select Due Date.
- Create Subject.
- Add Description.
- Attach the draft tax return.
If changes need to be made, upload new draft under the same task for the client to review. Once final return is ready, send alongside 8879.
- Click +Add New
- Click eDoc
- Choose the Recipient(s) and Account and click OK. Click back in the To field to add additional signers (recipients).
- Choose to have a Signing Order or not. This means that the document will be sent for signature to the first recipient and will not be sent to the second recipient until the first recipient completes their portion.
- Click KBA (knowledge base authentication) checkbox (required by the IRS for esignatures).
- Add an Agreement Title
- Add Description
- Attach Final Tax Return and 8879
- Click Prepare Doc for Signing
- Add Field Template*
- Click Send
*See the following articles for help with this step:
- How to Create a Form Field Layer (to lay over reusable forms)
- How to Send an 8879 with a Form Field Layer
How to Send an 8879 with a Form Field Layer
If you have not yet set up a Form Field Layer, you can learn how to do that here: How to Create a Form Field Layer (to Lay Over Reusable Forms). To send an 8879 and apply a Form Field Layer: 1. Click +Add New. 2. Click eDoc. 3. Choose a recipient ...
How to Create a Form Field Layer (to Lay Over Reusable Forms)
Form Field Layers are laid on top of forms to add signatures and other fillable fields. They are a great tool for 8879s or ACHs. To create a Form Field Layer: 1. Click eDocs. 2. Click Template Library. 3. Click +Add Template to Library. 4. Enter a ...
How to Send an eDoc
1. Click +Add New. 2. Click eDoc. 3. Choose the Recipient(s) and click OK. Click back in the To field to add additional recipients. Note: eDocs can have multiple signers. This only counts as one document. 4. Choose to have a Signing Order or ...
eDoc Template Examples
Attached are eDoc example templates in both PDF and Word format: General Tax Questionnaire ACH Authorization Form The questionnaire is hardcoded. This means the fillable fields will populate when uploaded to your eDoc Template Library. Related ...
eDoc Authoring Tools
Prefill Recipient Under the Recipients drop-down menu, there is an option to select Prefill. Assigning fields to the Prefill recipient will allow firm users to fill in those fields before sending the document to your clients. This is useful if you ...